Monday, August 13, 2007

Gluten & Dairy Free & Single

Now that I am single, I want to spend some time to myself, however, I do want to date people. However, I am really nervous about dating because of my dietary restrictions. When I tell my friends what I can and can't have, some of them look at me like I have ten heads. I can only imagine telling potential dates of my dietary needs. It's not like I can hide these dietary restrictions. As soon as I am contaminated with gluten or dairy, I am sick. I can actually feel the gluten or dairy as I am eating it. I know too much information. But you get my point.

I think dating and maintaining my gluten and dairy lifestyle will be a challenge. But I like challenges. I have never turned down a challenge before and I am not going to now. I am just going to have to find a person with my same dietary restrictions or a find a person who is understanding and likes a good challenge.

3 comments:

don said...

There was an article in the Missoulian about a woman who wrote a gluten free cook book who lives by Flathead Lake. I thought about you when I saw that article. I will try and find that link.

I think you should keep the things for a while from your ex unless they bother you. It's nice to look back sometimes. You might just put them away. When someone new comes along then get rid of the things that bother him then.

When Jane and I broke up, the freedom was like getting let out of jail. And it gave me the chance to meet and spend time with a really cool woman.

Here's to your future!

GrewUpRural said...

Thank you for the encouraging words. I am looking forward to the future.

Lisa said...

Hey, if someone is going to have a problem dating you because YOU can't eat certain things... do you really want to be with someone so controlling? It's not like you're forcing the lifestyle on anyone else. Besides... I, personally, would be happy to be introduced to different kinds of foods.