Monday, January 29, 2007

Seven Years

In my short life span, I have had only one real relationship. I dated two other people prior to my current relationship, but as you can see it didn't work out. This one real relationship has lasted seven years as of Sunday.

Boyfriend and I met during my freshman year and his sophomore at college. We met on the internet back in December '99. We communicated through email for about a month or so then decided to meet. Less than two weeks, we were actually dating. We instantly clicked.

In the seven years, we have had our fair share of battles, but nothing too big. We agrue once in a while. I like to think that we bring the best out of each other.

In the seven years, there were a lot firsts for me:
* Attending professional basketball, football, baseball, and hockey games
* Attending college hockey and basketball games
* Trying Portugese food
* Exploring a lot of Southern New England
* Attending a NASCAR event (I enjoyed myself)
* Trying New England Clam Chowder
* Trying clams, quahogs, oysters, little necks
* Trying a variety of new seafood (Little Necks)
* Watching my boyfriend try some of my food from backhome, scrapple and Tasty Cakes.
* There were many more first items during this time, but I can't think of all of them

It's been a good seven years and looking forward to many more. Yes, one day, we will eventually get married. But, I am in no rush to get married. It will happen in the next few years.

My boyfriend and I have it easy, we don't celebrate our anniversary! We spoil each other year round.

2 comments:

Diane Lowe said...

Wow!

Stories like yours make me feel like there's hope for me. I never seem to have luck with the fellows.

Virginia Belle said...

i second that....just last night i was having one of my "woe is me! i will be alone forever! i'm going to die alone!" moments.

i hate it when i get like that.

so instead, i think about all the jerks i don't have in my life anymore. and all of the relationship problems my friends are having right now. and my life seems so nice in comparison...

anyway, what was my point? oh yeah.

TASTY CAKES!!!! MMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

haven't had one in YEARS.