Tuesday, September 05, 2006

18 days 'til Autumn

Only 18 more days until Autumn (September 23rd). The first day of autumn has to be my favorite day of the year. The nights start to get cooler. The air is crisp and refreshing. The leaves on trees start to change colors. High school and collegiate football starts (Go U of D).

When I was younger, this was my favorite time of the year because school started. This meant less time with my father. This was always a good thing. During the fall, I would do my homework in my bedroom with the windows open blowing in the crisp air and listening to alt. rock. School was the one place I could get sanity, especially as I got older. Back home, fall meant harvest and the start of big hearty meals.

Years later, fall is still my favorite season of the year. I enjoy the fact that there is less and less day light each day. No need for air conditioning during the fall. I also enjoy the colors of fall, the nice deep purples, red, browns, oranges, and yellows. Everything in the fall just seems so much deeper and I am happier during this time of the year.

No comments: