Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Need recipe title

It's been a while since I have posted. It's been a busy month with working 70+ hours per week. I have been reading blogs during my lunch break, but haven't had time to put together a decent post. So, tonight I bring you my most recent gluten-free, dairy-free creation: Pork Chops.

I just threw bunch of ingredients together. I didn't measure anything, just eye-balled everything.

Sauce:

Dark brown sugar
Gluten-free soy sauce
Honey mustard (used French's)
Honey
Sherry cooking wine

Mix everything together in a baking pan. I used my 13x9 corningware pan. It's what I had on hand.

Add pork chops. At the last minute, I sliced an apple. Arrange the apple in the sauce. To be creative, I gently sprinkled some nutmeg on top of everything.

I cooked them at 350 for 25 minutes, turning once at the half way point. Next time, I would only cook them for 20 minutes.

While cooking, it made the house smell really good. It got two thumbs up from my roommate.

Served it with butternut risotto* (used soy milk) and southwestern seasoned corn.
* On the risotto, I sprinkled some nutmeg.

The flavors were great. I need a title for this recipe. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

don said...

Butternut risotto pork