Friday, December 29, 2006

Well Rested

The madness is finally over. Only another 329 days until the unofficial start of Christmas begins. Enough with that for now.

Over the Christmas holiday, I receive an email from my half-brother who lives in Florida stating that our father was in the hospital. My brother and I do not speak to our father. He heard the news through one of his maternal family members from back home in the Mid-Atlantic. I know my brother probably couldn't get much information about the hospitalization, etc. I know my father has to be really sick for him to be hospitalized. He absolutely hates hospitals and doctors. I am actually surprised that my father has lived this long.

The last time I acutally saw my father was before I went off to college. It was not a good time. I had to call the police and have him arrested. He has hated me from that point on. We never got a long since I can remember from my childhood. We are two completely different people. If he is to pass away, I will not attend any service for him. My father's family hates me just as much as he does because I decided to better my life and not stick with the family. I will cry when I know he has passed on, but that's only because I have some of his DNA. After that, life goes on.

3 comments:

don said...

I am very sorry to hear that your father is not well.

GrewUpRural said...

Thank you Don.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your Dad. More sorry, perhaps, to learn of your damaged relationship with him. As a parent, I can't imagine being estranged from my kids. There is nothing that they could ever do that would prevent me from loving them. I hope you find/have made your peace with this.