The above is about allergies and how far we need to go. I am not neurotic, but I am careful. I don't like being sick. What are your opinions on the article?
I think people should respect other's allergies/intolerances, etc. but using tax payers dollars to cut down a tree? I am torn with this one. If it was an adult who was allergic, I say keep the tree intact. The adult is most likely capable of not going near the tree. Since it was a child with the allergy, the parent needs to make sure the child is in their sight at all times. I know this may difficult for some, but that is part of a parent's responsibility.
As for the child not being able to bring his snack due to possible airborne allergies, the easiest solution is give your child fruit. He/she can have the crackers, etc at home as a snack. Maybe I don't understand the difficulty here because I am not a parent.